EIM in a Nutshell
- EIM is a Brussels based, international, non-profit association which represents the common interests of European rail Infrastructure Managers.
- The members of EIM are committed to improving railway infrastructure management and the services they provide to their customers. This is fulfilled by promoting self-improvement through benchmarking and the exchange of best practice.
- The organisational structure of EIM is designed to provide IMs with the best platform to achieve these goals.
- EIM promotes the development, improvement and efficient delivery of rail infrastructure in the EU.
- EIM and its members are committed to making liberalisation a success in the countries where it has been implemented.
- EIM represents its members’ political, technical and business interests to all relevant EU institutions.
- EIM supports business development by providing a forum for co-operation.
- EIM provides an environment for the leaders of IMs to share best practices and efficiency tools.
- EIM supports an open and seamless European rail network, promoting a safe and sustainable transport system.
EIM in Action
- TACs are one of the two financing source of IMs. Due to the impact on its members, EIM closely follows the topic
- Even though the regulatory framework for TACs is strict, they can be used as an instrument to achieve various goals, such as making rail freight more attractive.
|Designation||European Rail Infrastructure Managers|
|Legal form||aisbl (International Non-Profit Association)|
|President||Gorm Frimannslund (Bane NOR)|
|Executive Director||Monika Heiming|